Full Form of NASDAQ:
National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
Full Form of NASDAQ is National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations. NASDAQ is a Canadian and American stock exchange platform owned by the financial services giant called “NASDAQ OMX Group”. NASDAQ was founded by a self-regulatory organization called National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc (abbreviated as NASD) in the year 1971 and has its headquarters in New York City.
Salient Features of NASDAQ:
- In terms of market capitalization, NASDAQ is the second largest stock exchange in the world. The first position is occupied by the New York Stock Exchange (shortly NYSE).
- NASDAQ is the first ever electronically operated stock market in the world.
- NASDAQ is the first ever stock market in the USA to start online trading.
- NASDAQ has formed the first intercontinental linkage for securities markets by joining hands with the London Stock Exchange.
Levels of NASDAQ quotes:
NASDAQ has three levels of quotes as (1) Level 1 Quote: Level 1 quote is also known as inside quote which will show the highest bid, (2) Level 2 Quote: Level 2 quotes will show the recently executed stock orders along with the public quotes of liquidity providers or market makers, (3) Level 3 Quote: Level 3 quotes are basically used by liquidity providers or market makers to enter their quotes and also to execute orders.
NASDAQ Trading Schedule:
- Pre-market or Extended-hours trading session is between 4:00 AM to 9:30 AM
- Normal trading session is between 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Post-market session is between 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
NASDAQ Market Tiers:
There are three market tiers available in NASDAQ as explained below.
NASDAQ Capital Market:
It is an equity market for small cap companies. A small cap company is the one which has relatively small market capitalization.
NASDAQ Global Market:
It is an equity market for mid-cap companies. A mid-cap company is the one which has relatively medium levels of market capitalization.
NASDAQ Global Select Market:
It is an equity market for large-cap companies. A large cap company is the one which has relatively higher levels of market capitalization.
Companies listed in NASDAQ:
Following is a portion of the list of companies listed in NASDAQ:
Google, Microsoft, Apple, Intel, Cisco, Yahoo! Inc., Symantec Corporation, Citrix Systems, Infosys Limited, etc..
Popular Full Form of NASDAQ:
|NASDAQ Full Form||Field of Application|
|National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations||Organization|
|Nerdy Ass Stocks Don't Appreciate Quarterly||Funny Expansion|
|No Actual Sales, Dividends, Assets, or Quality||Funny Expansion|
|North American Stocks, Dividends, and Quarterlys||Funny Expansion|
|No Answers, So Don't Ask Questions||Funny Expansion|
For More Full Forms:
For Further Reading: