Full Form of CET:
Common Entrance Test
CET Full Form is Common Entrance Test. CET refers to various examinations conducted for the admission in various undergraduate and post-graduate courses in India. A student who aspires to pursue a degree course in areas of engineering, dental, medical, law, architecture, etc has to enrol himself or herself for a CET. However, there is a mandatory requirement for students to have obtained minimum qualifying marks in their XII to become eligible to write the CET.
These CETs are open to all students from across the country, irrespective of their domicile. The tests are conducted by either the Central Government or the State governments. If a participating student manages to obtain minimum qualifying marks in a CET, he becomes entitled to admission in the college or colleges associated with the test. Some of the commonly known national level CETs are mentioned below:
- JEE: This is a national level CET that is organized by the Central Board for Secondary Education for the purposes of granting admission in various prestigious engineering institutions such as the Indian Institutes of Technology.
- BITSAT: It is another entrance test conducted for engineering aspirants. The test is organized by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science and is regarded as a reputable entrance test.
- NATA: It is a National Aptitude Test for Architecture organized by the Government of India for various architectural courses.
- CLAT: It is known as the Common Law Admission Test which is organized for admissions to law courses in the prestigious National Law Universities across the country.
- NIFT: The National Institute of Fashion Technology organizes this CET to induct students for various fashion related courses.
- CPT: It is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. There are three levels in the Common Proficiency Test, qualification of which entitles the student to work as a Chartered Accountant.